Saturday, January 7, 2012

Strawberry Cheesecake Toast/Sandwich






I had a blog-worthy idea the other day: dessert toast.  Genius, right?  Yeah, I know.  It's so easy and there is an incredible amount of options to choose from. And you can have it for dessert or breakfast...or even just a snack.   I got the idea from my delicious pumpkin pie toast found here.  I came up with this because we had some left over Cinnabon cream cheese frosting in the refrigerator (from cinnamon rolls on Christmas Eve morning...yum!), so I decided to use it up (usually I just slab it on graham crackers, but I decided to be more creative).  This  seriously tastes just like a cheesecake, but in toast form.  I let my dad have a bite, and the first thing he said was: "you have got to put this on your blog.  It's amazing."  So true.  It's very refreshing tasting.  Now that I think about it, It's like a cross between strawberry shortcake and cheesecake.  I realized after making this recipe that you can make sooo many variations of cheesecake toast: chocolate, cherry, peanut butter cup, caramel, apple...pretty much any type of cheesecake that you've ever heard of (think the Cheesecake Factory!) you can incorporate onto toast.  I'm definitely gonna post some more cheesecake toast recipes very soon(: So stay tuned.

Ingredients:
1 slice of bread
1/4 cup cream cheese frosting**** (more or less, depending on how you like it)
2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs (again, more or less)
enough sliced strawberries to cover the top of your toast
whipped cream (optional)

****you can find a home-made cream cheese frosting recipe here.

Instructions:
1. Toast bread
2. Spread cream cheese frosting evenly over toasted bread.  Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly over frosting.  Top with strawberries.
3.  Top desired amount of whipped cream over strawberries, if desired.

***you can add a slice of toast bread on top to make a sandwich, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment