Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Toast/Sandwich






One thing that I have always loved and always will love is incorporating dessert for breakfast.  Since I have an incredibly large sweet tooth, dessert is a meal that I can never have too much of.  I've realized that you can transform almost every single dessert into oatmeal, pancakes, french toast, waffles, or simply just toast.  Thanksgiving was a few days ago, so I was thinking about all the desserts I had, like my delicious pumpkin pecan praline cheesecake, which was made with William Sonoma's pumpkin butter.  And I had an idea: pumpkin pie...on toast.  So simple, yet so delicious.  And way healthier than the traditional pumpkin pie.  If you've never had pumpkin butter, it tastes just like pumpkin pie filling, but it's all natural and doesn't use evaporated milk.  So I spread a little bit on toast, added some whipped cream, topped it with graham cracker crumbs, and wa-lah! Pumpkin pie toast.  It was like eating pumpkin pie for breakfast.  Yum.

Ingredients:
1 slice bread (I used whole wheat)
2 tablespoons pumpkin butter*
whipped cream
graham cracker crumbs


Instructions:
Toast bread.  Spread pumpkin butter over toasted bread.  Spread enough whipped cream on top of the pumpkin butter so it's completely covered.  Sprinkle top of whipped cream with generous amount of graham cracker crumbs.


*If you don't have pumpkin butter, then you can make your own.  Combine canned pumpkin with a sprinkle of sugar (white or brown is fine), and a dash of pumpkin pie spice.


***you can also add a slice of toasted bread on top to make a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment