Saturday, August 25, 2012

25 Minute Cinnamon Rolls







"Time saver. Interesting. Delicious. Amazing in its simplicity. Ingenious."

I don't know if you've ever tried making home made cinnamon rolls, but anyone who has would know that they are SO time consuming.  With making the dough, adding yeast, kneading the dough, and letting it rise...who has the time???  Well, now you can make home made cinnamon rolls in minutes.  I was super skeptical of this recipe when I saw it, but it looked so yummy that I just had to try it.  I used whole wheat bread, since it was all I had, and they still turned out phenomenal.  I can't even imagine how yummy white bread or cinnamon bread or cinnamon raisin bread would taste.  They truly taste like a home made cinnamon roll...so buttery and cinnamon-sugary. My parents and I gobbled so many of them down, especially since they are pretty small.  And with home made cream cheese icing...oh my word.  They were heavenly They reheat well the next day, too.

Yield: 12 small rolls

Ingredients:
12 slices of fresh bread
melted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp cinnamon powder

Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 190C (375F).
2. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
3. Cut the crusts off each slice of bread. Using a rolling pin, roll each slice as thinly as you can. 4. Spread both sides of the piece of bread with melted butter. Coat one side of the buttered bread with the cinnamon sugar, ensuring that it is generously covered. Roll as desired (be as creative as you like) and fit the cinnamon roll into a greased mini muffin tray. 

5. Repeat with the remaining slices. Bake for 15-20 or until golden brown. Cool in tray a few minutes before removing. Serve warm, as is, or with frosting and/or crushed nuts. 

***adapted from Lickthatspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment