Thursday, August 2, 2012

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Muffin For One




Okay.  I've had a slight chocolate chip muffin obsession lately.  Especially after eating so many of these.  Are you one of those people that are really tempted to eat the entire batch of muffins you make?  Yeah...I totally know the feeling.  So I decided to create a single chocolate chip muffin, that was actually (somewhat) healthy. I had no idea if it would turn good, since it made such a small amount, but I'm not kidding you when I say: this muffin tasted awesome. It uses whole wheat flour (yeah fiber!),  you can make it low fat with your choice of the type of butter and milk you use, and it's sugar free (minus the chocolate chips...but you can add other add-ins).  I actually regret making just one serving because I really wanted someone else to taste it so they could share the {happy feeling} my belly was having after eating this yummy little indulgence.  I bet this tastes even better than your favorite chocolate chip muffin recipe (it tastes very similar to my all-time favorite chocolate chip muffin recipe here).

Ingredients:
  • 2 Tbsp whole wheat flour (or white whole wheat)
  • 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • dash of salt
  • 1.5 Tbsp chocolate chips (feel free to use other add-ins, like nuts and/or coconut, etc.)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted, and cooled slightly (you can use low fat if you want)
  • 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp milk (I used soy, but any other type will do)
  • 1 Tbsp sweetener (I used Stevia, but any other sweetener is fine too)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 330 degrees. Grease one muffin cup or line muffin tray with 1 liner. Set aside.
  2. Mix flours, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips together in one bowl.  Combine vanilla, melted butter, milk, and sweetener in another bowl.  Add wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until just combined. DO NOT overmix (overmixing will create a hard/tough muffin).
  3. Pour batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 14-17 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs on it. Let cool at least 5 minutes in pan before removing.

No comments:

Post a Comment