Saturday, March 3, 2012

Almond Joy Cookies

   

These are now my daddy's favorite cookies.  Almond Joy is definitely one my my top 3 candy favorites (Whoppers and Reese Cups being the other 2), so I decided to make a cookie that tastes like it.  These cookies are most delicious straight from the oven...or even better - the cookie dough.  Oh my goodness people, this cookie dough is absolutely AMAZING.   I think the dough is a little better than the actual cookie. And the cookies are incredible. I gave my parents a spoonful of the dough, and my dad seriously dropped onto is knees and "Mmmmmed" because he loved it so much. I honestly ate more dough than I did cookies.  My parents and I finished off nearly an entire batch in one night.  Try dunking a warm cookie in milk...yummm. 


Yield: about 20 cookies


Ingredients

  • 1 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • sticks unsalted butter, softened
  • 6 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
  • 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract
  • 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
  2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt
  3. In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars. Beat in the eggs, vanilla extract and almond extract. Mix on low speed until blended.
  4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix just until blended. Do not overmix. Add the coconut, chocolate chips and almonds and stir until just incorporated.
  5. Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment