Saturday, March 17, 2012

Nutty Coconut Fish

 

This is now my mom's favorite fish recipe.  And probably my 2nd favorite fish recipe (behind my mommy's salmon, of course, found here).  I absolutely love the unique flavor of this dish.  The nuts, coconut, and mustard give the fish a wonderful, tasty flavor that I've never had before.  The mayonnaise and mustard makes this also the most juicy and moist fish I've ever had.  It's so tender on the inside, and then slightly crunchy, sweet, and nutty on the inside.   It's also healthier than your usual crusted fish because it's baked, as opposed to fried.  Another thing I love about this dish is it's so versatile; you can used different types of mustard, nuts, bread crumbs, and fish fillets, and it always turns out incredibly delicious.  


Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup prepared mustard
  • 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/4 cup chopped nuts
  • 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 pound whitefish fillets (I used codd)

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
  2. In a small bowl, blend mayonnaise and mustard. In a medium bowl, mix dry bread crumbs, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper.
  3. Dip fish in the mayonnaise mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture. Arrange coated fish fillets in the prepared baking dish.
  4. Bake 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven, until fish is easily flaked with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment