Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chocolate Chip Muffins

  


Oh yeah.  I made the pictures super duper big just for you.  I hope you're drooling.

...I've had a muffin obsession lately.  Lowes Foods Grocery Store has these massive, freshly baked muffins, and get one almost every time I go. Pumpkin, blueberry, apple crumb, carrot cake, banana nut, orange cranberry, lemon poppy seed, double chocolate, butterscotch (also called butter rum), and of course - chocolate chip.  My favorite one so far is probably the butterscotch.  But every single one is absolutely outstanding.  You have GOT to go to Lowes right now and get these muffins.  They are everything a muffin should be: buttery, sweet, soft, cakey, and super flavorful.  I absolutely love muffins.  And this recipe is one of my all time favorite muffin recipes...and my #1 chocolate chip muffin recipe.  I made this with my friend this weekend, and the two of us nearly finished a whole batch.  I slathered a few of mine with - what else? - peanut butter and had a big glass of milk handy.  Yum.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup light-brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup butter - melted and cooled
  • 2 eggs - beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 package (12 oz) chocolate chips
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 F. and grease up twelve muffin cups. 


In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, stir together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until blended. Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add milk mixture and stir just to combine. Stir in chocolate chips. 

Spoon batter into muffin cups; bake 15-18 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean. Remove muffin tin to wire rack; cool 5 minutes and remove from tins to finish cooling. 

Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment