Monday, April 23, 2012

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

These are seriously bakery quality muffins!  They are so yummy and incredibly easy to make.  Both my parents LOVED them, and they don't even like banana muffins!!! Until now at least(:  I've tried so many batches of banana muffins, changing up recipe after recipe after recipe...but this one is the winner for sure.  They are so moist and flavorful, with the perfect amount of sweetness, and just the right amount of chocolate chips.  The texture is almost more like a cupcake than a muffin (which I like..since cupcakes have smoother textures).  These taste to-die-for warm from the oven, so I definitely recommend eating them while they're hot as opposed to the next day.  However, they do taste very good the next day (I reheated one in the microwave this morning!), just not as good as hot from the oven.  I'm not sure how they will taste after two days since they didn't exactly last very long in my house! I had these warm from the oven, spread with a little peanut butter and a dollop of whipped cream (or try nutella!)...mmmm.  Of course, you don't have to dress yours up like I did. They're amazing plain too(:  I also tried dunking a piece in coffee, and it was really delicious!  It reminded me of a banana chocolate chip coffee cake.  I recommend using very ripe (I mean completely brown!) bananas for best flavor.


Ingredients:

  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar (not packed)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

1 comment:

  1. Wanna make then but it's too complecateted

    ReplyDelete