Sunday, April 22, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Frosting






These cupcakes tastes like a Reese cup...but in cupcake form.  I brought these to school for a party and everyone loved them!  Both the chocolate cake and the frosting are just perfect. The chocolate cake is richly chocolatey, soft, fluffy, and so flavorful.  It's my favorite chocolate cake recipe...I use it so incredibly often.  It's the same recipe I use in my Best Chocolate Cake Recipe, here. The frosting tastes like peanut butter fudge...just like the inside of a Reese cup. These keep well for a few days too.  They taste amazing warm (heating them up in the microwave), room temperature, or even chilled in the refrigerator.  Top them with some Reese cup crumbles and you're in for some chocolate peanut butter filled heaven


You can find the chocolate cake recipe here
And the peanut butter frosting recipe here.


***For the chocolate cupcakes, spray the cupcake pan well and fill them about 2/3 of the way full (not to the top!  they will overflow).  Also, they will only need about 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Follow the rest of the directions exactly.
***For the peanut butter frosting, you may need to add a lot more milk...depending on the type of peanut butter you use.  I used Smuckers All Natural Smooth peanut butter, which I don't really recommend because I'm pretty sure the recipe is for peanut butters like Jif.  You're more likely to get a fluffy frosting with Jif than Smuckers (Smuckers was more dense).

No comments:

Post a Comment