Friday, June 8, 2012

Peanut Butter Waffle Toast


Betty Crocker's picture...








And mine...


....yummmmmm.....


Betty Crocker is an absolute genius.  This recipe literally transforms a normal piece of bread into a waffle.  Just pour some peanut butter pancake batter over the bread, stick it in your waffle iron, and wah-la!  Waffle toast!  I did not grease my Belgian waffle maker because this makes the waffle extra crisp on the outside, and my waffle turned out big, crispy, and peanut buttery!  So delicious!  The inside is a little more dense than your average waffle because it's a piece of bread, but it's still very yummy.  I actually used an open hot dog bun as opposed to whole wheat bread, because those were my only two options and I love hot dog buns...but I'm gonna try the whole wheat bread next time I make it.  I topped mine with maple syrup, some maple butter, whipped cream, chocolate chips, and banana slices.  I guess you could say I like toppings(:  This recipe left my brain screaming with ideas about transforming more things into waffles...banana bread with this batter or chocolate/chocolate chip pancake batter, chocolate cake slices with this batter, and any other cake with any type of pancake batter around it, strawberry or blueberry bread with strawberry or blueberry pancake batter around it, or a cookie with pancake batter around it....I could go on all day!




You can find this magical recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment