Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mimi Cafe's Crepes


       Have you ever been to Mimi's Cafe?  If not, then man are you missing out.  It's a breakfast place (but they do have lunch and dinner options), and everything there is so delicious.  Omelets, pancakes, french toast, crepes, you name it.  They usually give you a huge muffin on the side of your meal, and they have this amazing, sweet, cake-like bread that is served on the table before you order. You can definitely say the amount of food is worth the price.  I've gotten the  Cinnamon Brioche French Toast (A cinnamon brioche roll sliced and dipped in Mimi's French toast batter and griddled to perfection.), stuffed French Toast (stuffed with sweet cream cheese and topped with berries), chocolate chip pancakes (usually I wouldn't order something as simple as this at a restaurant, but they really are incredible), and a crab-avocado omelet.  All to die for.  I did successfully remake the Cinnamon Brioche French Toast here on my blog.  
        So the other day I got an email from Mimi's, since I'm on their mailing list, and it contained the recipe for the crepes they use!  Crepes are one of their specialties, so I was really surprised that they were willing to reveal it, but I'm so happy they did because they totally rock!  It is the perfect, standard crepe recipe, and you can make it sweet or savory.  I had one with Nutella, and two with blueberries and home made caramel sauce, all filled with whipped cream.  There are a couple recipes listed underneath the crepe recipe on the site below, and I can't wait to try them.  I really loved my blueberry/caramel crepes the best, so I definitely encourage you to try it!  The caramel sauce was left over from my oh-so-delicious Chocolate Waffles I made a few weeks ago, and you can find the recipe for that here.

And you can find Mimi's awesome Crepes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment