Tuesday, July 3, 2012

King Ranch Mac and Cheese


I first spotted this recipe on the cover of a Southern Living Magazine, and I knew I had to make it.  This takes comfort food to a whole new level.  It's cheesy, creamy, slightly sticky, and filled with different flavors that make this way more unique than the classic macaroni and cheese.  There are peppers, chicken, and lots of tex-mex spices that give this so much wonderful flavor.  It tastes just like cheesy chicken enchiladas!  I absolutely LOVE the crispy, cheesy crust that forms on top of this dish too.  My family and I ate so much of it in one sitting, and my friend and I gobbled the rest of it up a few days later as leftovers.  My friend said it was one of the best macaroni and cheeses she'd ever had and loved how there was chicken in it.  The next time I make this, I think I'm gonna try substituting other things for the chicken, like crab or - omg! ----> lobster!!!  Mmmm.  I'll let you know how it tastes!  This also makes amazing left overs...it tastes just as delicious a few days later.  This is such an easy, quick, super yummy dish that will definitely be a regular on your weekly dinner menu.

You can find this recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment