Saturday, February 18, 2012

Momma Buscemi's Favorite Ribs

     


These are the best ribs in the entire universe.  They've been a family tradition ever since I can remember and they always turn out phenomenal.  I'm not usually a big pork fan...but I LOVE these ribs!  Sinking your teeth into one of these thick, juicy ribs, and then licking the sweet sauce off your fingers....it doesn't get much better than that. My mom made these for the super bowl this year and they tasted even more delicious than I remembered.  They're so much better than any ribs I've ever had in a restaurant.  The ingredients in the sauce are the secret.  The peach preserves and brown sugar give it an amazing, sweet flavor that make them melt in your mouth.  We had these with my classic biscuits (found here).  Oh my lordy...I was in heaven.


Ingredients:
3 racks baby back ribs

1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and black pepper to taste

2 slices of bacon
2 bunches fresh thyme
1/2 onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups ketchup
1 cup peach preserves
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon prepared dry mustard
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground paprika




Instructions:
1. Wrap the bacon around thyme, and heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat.  Add bacon wrapped thyme and cook for 4 minutes.  
2. Add chopped onion and garlic to skillet, and cook for 5 more minutes.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 15-20 minutes longer.
4. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil on top of ribs, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the oven to bake.
4.  Baste ribs with sauce every 15 minutes until 2.5 hours is done.



No comments:

Post a Comment