Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chocolate Lindor Truffle Cupcakes

Make this. Make this. Make this. Make this. Make this. Make this.  MAKE THIS!  Have I told you that you should make this???  Because you really should.  I got a ton of Lindor Truffles for Valentines Day, so I wanted to use them up...and I had a chocolate cupcake recipe I'd been wanting to try, so I just dropped a truffle into the batter and wah-lah! Oh my goodness, these cupcakes are a chocolate lover's paradise!!  I made these with white chocolate, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate centers...each one was incredible.  The cake part without the chocolate center was soo perfect too!  I think this chocolate cake is even better than my best chocolate cake (minus the frosting) found here. Because this cake doesn't use eggs, it makes the chocolate taste so much richer...I have no idea why.  It's so incredibly moist and sooo delicious!  They don't need frosting at all..in fact..I didn't frost most of mine.  I just posted the picture with frosting to make it look prettier for you(:


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

24 Lindor Truffle Chocolate Candies (of your choice flavor)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, mix sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
  3. Add water, vegetable oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Beat by hand until smooth.
  4. Pour into a lightly greased cupcake pan.  Gently set one Lindor Chocolate on the top of the batter,  do not push it down farther (this will make the truffle stick to the bottom of the pan).  Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 16-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.  

3 comments:

  1. These are sooo good. You have to try them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipe is my new go-to chocolate cupcake!! It is so amazing...thank you so much for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed them!! Be creative with the flavored chocolate you put in the center! I want to try a caramel center next(:

      Delete