Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fluffernutter Monkey Bread

Original recipe:

  

And mine:








I got SO excited when I spotted this recipe.  Fluffernutter sandwiches are my all time favorite lunchbox sandwiches.  Have you ever heated up a fluffernutter in the microwave?  *drooling*  The marshmallow gets all melty and the peanut butter gets warm and together they're gooey and sticky and oh so delicious. And the marshmallows on top get nice and toasty..it reminded my dad of s'mores.  I seriously freaked out when I saw this recipe...I don't remember how I found it...but when I saw it I was like: OMG I have got to make this now!!  I prepared the dough last night (since I wanted it for breakfast) and after the second rise, I put it in the refrigerator overnight, and then I let it sit our for about 30 minutes before putting it in the oven.  I halved the recipe simply because I didn't wanted a huge amount of the bread, and it was the perfect amount for my mom, dad, and I. The only thing I did differently was use marshmallow fluff in the glaze instead of the mini marshmallows because I ran out.  It tasted totally fine though.  My dad loved this bread, and he doesn't even care for marshmallows or peanut butter!  I seriously ate about 3/4 of it today on my own.  I just finished another piece. Try dipping it into maple syrup! Mmmm...so good!  When I make this again, I may try adding peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, and/or a chocolate drizzle.  I think experimenting with this would be really fun!  So try it out...you won't regret it!

This is from Heat Oven to 350s Blog found here

No comments:

Post a Comment