Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Chewy Hot Chocolate Cookies

cimg2469-1cimg2442-1
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I love hot chocolate!  And these cookies taste just like it.  I was really scared when they first came out of the oven because they were so crackly and looked super crunchy...and I am not a big fan of crunchy cookies; I like the moist and chewy ones.  But these were not crunchy at all!  The edges are slightly crispy, and the inside is like sinking your teeth into a moist, fudgey, hot chocolate-tasting brownie.  I'm not really sure why they remind me of hot chocolate...I guess because most of the ingredients are just like the ones in hot chocolate.  These made my tummy veryyy happy(:

Yield: about 16 cookies
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cocoa powder
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Instructions:
1. In a large bowl, mix together unrefined powdered sugar, salt and cocoa powder. 
2. In a separate bowl, mix egg whites, and vanilla extract.  Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix with an electric mixer at low speed for 2 minutes – the batter should be shiny and smooth.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Cover bowl and refrigerate for 3 hours or up to overnight. 
3. Preheat oven to 350*F and spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.  Drop tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto cookie sheet. Don’t flatten and be sure to leave space between the drops – these cookies spread out in the oven!  Bake for 9-10 minutes until tops are glossy and crackly.  Let stand for 3 minutes and remove to cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment