Friday, December 2, 2011

Gingerbread Hot Chocolate

Gingerbread Cocoa Recipe

Gingerbread Cocoa


Tonight was a cold, winter, December night and my parents and I were watching the Grinch Stole Christmas.  Only one thing, and one thing only, can make this setting more cozy: hot chocolate.  Ahh...this hot cocoa recipe will send your taste buds through an aroma of wonderful holiday spices and creamy chocolate.  It turned out even better than I had hoped for and truly reminds you of gingerbread, since it uses the same spices.  My dad couldn't stop "Mmm"'ing.  And my mom wants it again tomorrow night.   It is now one of my favorite hot chocolate recipes, and I have made a lot of hot chocolate. This is the perfect holiday treat, and I hope you will happily sip it while watching Christmas movies like I did(:


Yield: 8 cups

Ingredients

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 8 cups milk
  • Garnish: whipped cream and/or marshmallows

Preparation

  • 1. Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a medium sauce pan until blended; gradually whisk in milk.
  • 2. Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Keep warm on low. Garnish, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment