Wednesday, December 7, 2011

White Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies


White Chocolate Pumpkin Dreams Recipe



This past Halloween, my family didn't have time to carve pumpkins, so I decided to use them to cook with instead.  This was the first year that I had ever used fresh pumpkin.  I heard from a lot of people that fresh pumpkin really does make a big difference in recipes, but I never bothered to try it....until this year that is.  This was the first recipe I made using fresh pumpkin, adapted from a Taste of Home Cookie Cookbook I have, and they turned out sooo delicious!!! These are probably my #1 favorite cookie recipe.  They are the most irresistible cookies I've ever eaten...it's seriously impossible to have just one.  The cookie dough is incredible also.  They remind me of pumpkin pie, but ten times better because they have chunks of white chocolate, crunchy pecans, and a melt-in-your-mouth glaze.  They're so moist and taste to-die-for even after the first day.  I brought these to a huge cross country banquet and they were one of the few desserts that were completely eaten.  All my friends asked for the recipe.  It's because of these cookies that they declared me the "master chef".  I even got an award to prove it.


Yield: about 4 1/2 dozen

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup fresh pumpkin  (canned is fine too)
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice or ground cloves
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 package white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped pecans

  • BROWN SUGAR FROSTING:
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions:

  • 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and pumpkin. 
  • 2. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and pecans.
  • 3. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
  • 4. For frosting, combine brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook over medium heat for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Cool for 10 minutes. Add milk; beat until smooth. Beat in enough confectioners' sugar to reach desired consistency. Spread over cooled cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment