Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chocolate Toffee Bars



     Toffee!  Yummy yummy yummyyyy!  These bars didn't last a day when I made them...and it makes a lot. They are so rich and totally irresistible.  The bottom layer is moist a graham cracker crust, and on top of that is a fudgey, buttery, incredibly amazing toffee layer.  The nuts on top make this bar look super pretty and presentable, so it's perfect for taking to parties and other events.  This is most definitely one of my favorite bar recipes-actually, scratch that, it is my favorite bar recipe.  I'm a huge toffee fan...heath bars are probably my favorite candy bar...so these bars tasted soooo amazing.  I brought these in for a club I'm in at my school (raising money for the SPCA), and they were gone instantly.  Everyone was constantly telling me the entire time how delicious they were. I also added this into my oatmeal this morning and added some slices bananas and it tasted absolutely heavenly.

Yield: about 24
(1 9x13 inch pan)

Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (i used almonds)
  • 12 oz (1 bag) semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup butter

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/3 cup melted butter. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. In a saucepan, combine 1 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Pour immediately over baked cookie base.
  4. Bake for 10 more minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes, until chips are shiny and soft. Spread the softened chocolate evenly over the top. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Cool before cutting into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment