Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Spiced Up Frappaccino






I have another obsession (besides oatmeal, chocolate, and peanut butter): coffee shops.  Like Starbucks for example: You see...I've had every single drink at Starbucks.  And almost every food. I know...it's a little extreme.  I have this "happy place" at the Starbucks in the Barnes and Nobles at my local mall.  It's so comforting, quiet, and peaceful.  That's why I love coffee shops so much..the atmosphere is so nice.  I could seriously spend all day in a coffee shop. And the smell! Ahhh the smell of freshly roasted coffee beans and freshly baked scones.  It's a smell like no other.  One of the most important reasons why I like coffee shops is also because I just loveeee COFFEE! I was pretty addicted to coffee a few months ago, and I had to force myself to only have few cups on weekends.  I would get really talkative and jittery and it just wasn't good for me.   Making drinks in a blender is something I've done since I was a little kid, and this is my classic frappuccino recipe.  Is it better than Starbucks? Well, you're gonna have to test it and see for yourself.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 drop almond extract
1 small pinch of each: cloves, nutmeg, allspice, and cinnamon
8 ice cubes
4 tsp white sugar, or to taste
Whipped cream (optional)


Instructions:
Combine everything in a blender and give it a whirl.  Blend until smooth. Serve with whipped cream if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment