Thursday, November 17, 2011

Honey Apple Chicken Salad Sandwich





This is probably my second favorite sandwich ever, behind my signature triple decker.  I absolutely love chicken salad, but I'm not a big fan of mayonnaise (have you seen what's in that stuff!?).  Just the thought of mayonnaise grosses me out. One thing I love about a sandwich is when it has both meat and a fruit...it makes the sandwich so refreshing and the taste is perfectly balanced.  The ingredients in this recipe are so simple, and it may not sound good to you at first, but try it.  I have it every time we have leftover chicken in the refrigerator.  Honey and apple taste so good together, and the crunchiness of the celery and apple - pink ladies are the best! - make this sandwich over-the-top delicious.


Ingredients:
2 slices bread (I use Arnold 100% whole wheat, like always)
4 oz. skinless chicken breast, torn into small pieces
handful of diced apple (about 1/4 of a large apple) 
handful of chopped celery (about 1 stalk)
1 heaping tablespoon of honey greek yogurt


Instructions:
Mix together all the filling ingredients (everything but the bread) well and put it on a piece of bread.  Place the other slice on top.  Cut in half (it is kind of sloppy to eat..this makes it much easier) and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment