Saturday, November 26, 2011

Maple Almond Cinnamon Latte


Maple Syrup!!  Yum yum YUM!  Maple is one of my favorite flavors.  I love maple everything…maple cake, maple frosting, maple syrup on pancakes, maple flavored pie, maple fudge, maple ice cream, etc. So I incorporated it into a latte, to create this sweet drink.  I always use the optional extracts because I like lots of flavor, but it tastes really good without them too.  A lot of people don’t enjoy the taste of almond extract because it’s pretty strong, but I like it.  If you’re looking for a way to shake up you’re usual, some-old morning coffee, then this is the perfect recipe to try.  Feel free to use less or more maple syrup depending on how sweet you want it.

Ingredients:
1 cup brewed coffee
1 cup milk
¼ cup maple syrup
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 drop almond extract (optional)
1 drop vanilla extract (optional)
Whipped cream (optional)

Instructions:
Combine all ingredients in a coffee mug and stir to combine. Top with whipped cream if desired.

***You may need to heat it to a pretty high temperature to make sure the cinnamon is fully dissolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment