Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chocolate Cinnamon Pudding Pops



      When I was a kid, I would run home from the bus stop and give my mom a big bear hug.  She always surprised me with an after school snack: soft pretzals, ice cream, brownies, cookies, popsicles, etc.  When it was a popsicle day, we would sit on my back porch together and lick our popsicles under in the warm sun.  Our favorites were either the 100% natural strawberry fruit bars, or the chocolate skinny cows.  We would lick them as fast as we could if it was melting - my mom would always bite hers and cheat, but I never did because I hate biting popsicles...licking them makes it last longer and I can enjoy it more - and when we licked the stick clean, we'd always read those cheezy jokes to each other.  Ahh the good-ole-days.  I decided to bring some of those memories back by creating a pop that tastes very similar to those skinny cows, but with cinnamon.  You can leave the cinnamon out if you want, but I like the extra pizazz.  The smooth texture of these pudding pops are very comforting and take me back to those days when I licked popsicles with my mom.


Ingredients:
3 tablespoons flour or cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon


Directions:
1. In a small bowl, combine flour and water to form a paste
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together milk, vanilla, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and flour (or cornstarch).  Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.  Continue to cook and stir until mixture thickens.  Remove from heat.  Pudding will continue to thicken as it cools.  Allow to cool 5 minutes, then pour into Popsicle molds.  Place in the freezer until frozen (preferably overnight).


Do you know any cheezy jokes from your past lollipop sticks? I'd love to hear some(:

No comments:

Post a Comment