Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Coffee Creamer Oatmeal



This was my breakfast creation this morning. I know you're probably thinking that coffee creamer is supposed to be in coffee, but this really works.  I love how you can use any flavored creamer you want... I used french vanilla, but I can't wait to try the caramel macchiato that is calling me on the kitchen shelf...and the Irish creme.  If you use 1 container of creamer, the sweetness will be pretty subtle, so if you like your oatmeal more sweet then I would recommend using 1/4 cup rolled oats or adding 2 creamers.  You can also add desired toppings of your choice to the oatmeal, like fruit and/or nuts.  There are hundreds of variations you can make.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup rolled oats (I used old fashioned, but you can use instant..just reduce the cooking time)
1 cup water
1 sample container container of coffee creamer (or about 1 Tablespoon...you can add 2 containers or 2 Tablespoons if you'd like it sweeter)


Instructions:
Place oats and water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes.
Stir in creamer and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment