Friday, January 20, 2012

Garlic Bagel Chips

Homemade Bagel Chips. I never seem to tire of being inspired by processed junk food to make good homemade things. (And vegan!)


These are the easiest snacks I've ever made!  When you're in a pinch for time and want a delicious snack, this is the recipe to go to.  But I'm warning you right now: These are SO addicting!!!  I'm not a very big fan of chips, and I've always thought bagel chips from the store were okay.  But these are way better!  The first time I made them, I used plain bagels, and the second time whole wheat.  Both were equally amazing.  I think they taste best fresh from the oven, because the saltiness is stronger when warm (I have no idea why)...and I love these [salty].  My family and I often top these in our salads and use them as croutons.  So good!  The next time I make these, I'm using cinnamon raisin bagels, omitting the seasonings, substituting butter for oil, and adding cinnamon sugar.  Yum!  I'll let you know how it goes(:


Ingredients:

  • 2 bagels (any flavor is fine accept the sweeter types. I used regular and whole wheat)
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (you can use salted if you like your chips pretty salty)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (optional)

Directions

  1. Refrigerate bagels for at least 1 hour. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. 
  2. Place bagel slices in a large zip lock bag.  In a separate bowl, combine butter, olive oil, garlic salt, and onion powder (if using). Pour butter mixture over top bagel slices, seal the bag, and shake well for about 30 seconds (or long enough for the bagel slices to be evenly coated). 
  3. Spread bagel slices in one layer onto an ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 325 degrees F for 12-18 minutes or until lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment