Sunday, January 8, 2012

Daddy's Eggs With Bread





You may be wondering why this is called "Daddy's" Eggs With Bread.  Well...it's because he used to make this dish for me all the time when I was younger.  I remember eating it and thinking that it was the best thing I'd ever eaten....so I asked him to make it for me again this morning.  Of course, it wasn't the best thing I'd ever eaten; my childhood taste buds have certainly matured out of Lunchables, Kid Quisine, and Ramon Noodles.  But it was really, really good!  I love how the bread is slightly soft from the egg, but also slightly crisp from browning it in the pan. This is especially good with cheese...but it's not necessary.  And this took him about a minute to make.  He laughed when I asked him to make it for me because it was so easy.  He was like, "are you joking?"  It truly is very easy, but it tastes delicious.  Except now I don't need my daddy to make it for me(:

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 egg
1 slice of cheese (optional)
1 slice of bread
salt and pepper


Instructions:
1. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and spread it so that it's pretty evenly distributed.
2. Crack egg on top of olive oil, and break the yolk with the back of a fork.  Move the fork around in the egg to lightly scramble. Place cheese (if using), and then bread immediately on top.
3.  Let egg cook until set, about 1-2 minutes.  Flip bread/egg over and let the bread toast for a minute.  Invert onto serving plate and sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment