Wednesday, January 18, 2012

S'mores Toast/Sandwich


I think this is my best toast creation yet!!! It's even better than s'mores.  It's everything you love about s'mores, but on a piece of toast.  I guess you could say it's healthier - kind of...I did make mine on whole wheat bread...and nutella is all natural, so I guess that makes it healthy, right?  Broiling the marshmallows really makes them taste exactly like they would roasting them over a fire.  The outside gets brown and slightly crispy, and the inside is warm and gooey and oh so delicious!  Just watch very closely when broiling it because it will brown really quickly.  I caught mine just in the nick of time...and I like mine pretty toasty brown.  I wasn't sure whether to use marshmallows or fluff, so I decided to use both(:  I think the fluff tasted better, but it was SO hard to put on top of the nutella/graham cracker layer smoothly, so I just ended up blobbing it on. The marshmallows browned faster than the fluff, so the toast looked kind of funny, but I'm telling you: it was the best toast I've ever had!


Ingredients:
1 slice of bread ***
1-2 tablespoons nutella
3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
handful of marshmallows and/or a few spoon fulls of marshmallow fluff


Instructions:
1. Set oven to broil.
2.  While oven is broiling, toast bread.  Spread nutella immediately over hot toast.  Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs, and then marshmallows and/or plop on fluff.  
3.  Place toast in a small, ungreased pan.  Broil the toast until marshmallows brown (watch closely to prevent burning because they brown very fast!)
4.  Remove toast from pan and enjoy.


*** If making a sandwich, add a piece of toast on top of the toasted marshmallows after broiling, and add another tablespoon of nutella to that slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment