Sunday, January 1, 2012

Grandma Louise's Hamburger Dip




This is a sacred family recipe.  I almost didn't post it because it's so special to us.  I honestly had to BEG my mom to let me post this.  This is the hamburger dip written by my Grandma Louise.  She created it herself and got it perfect after many attempts.  Now, let me tell you: I'm really picky when it comes to a good burger.  But this hamburger dip is the bomb!  The cream cheese makes it so creamy and filled with cheesy deliciousness.  But the most special, secret ingredient is the sugar, which helps bring out the flavors of all the other ingredients.  This is definitely one of my favorite dips, and it's a great dish to have at parties or other events because it will always be eaten completely.  We usually make it for big get-togethers with friends when we watch the super bowl, and there's never any leftovers.


Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
8 oz. tomato sauce
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup ketchup
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon sugar
8 oz. cream cheese
1 garlic clove, minced


Instructions:
1.  Cook hamburger until evenly browned all over and no longer pink.  Drain juices.
2. Add garlic, onions, ketchup, oregano, and tomato sauce.  Mix until well blended.
3.  Add cream cheese and sugar.  Mix until blended. 
4.  Let the cheese melt and serve hot with chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment