Friday, January 27, 2012

Microwave Nutella Muffin

Happy National Chocolate Cake Day!!!


I know there are many of you out there who have sudden chocolate cravings.  Yeah...that's me pretty much every hour(;  But sometimes they're not just chocolate cravings, they're Nutella cravings.  Even though I eat it by the spoonful, straight from the jar all the time, I wanted to have something a little more creative...but I was too lazy to make something that would have to bake for a while.  Then I remembered I saved a recipe from the blog of Go Bake Yourself called "Less Than Two Minute Nutella Muffin" (here).  So I decided to whip it up.  I didn't think it would taste very good...I mean really, a two minute muffin made in the microwave?  This recipe doesn't even have butter!  How could it possibly taste good?  But when I opened the microwave door after just 30 seconds, the first thing I saw was that it got HUGE!!!  I seriously freaked out when I saw it.  I don't understand how batter could blow up so much and bake into a perfectly fat muffin in just 30 seconds.  But it did.  And then I tasted it...and I was even more shocked, because it tasted sooo incredible!  It was a perfectly cooked, fluffy, cakey, chocolate muffin with an even layer of nutella through the middle.  The nutella made the muffin taste so fudgey and delicious!  It didn't really satisfy my chocolate-nutella craving though...all it did was make me want another one(:
Ingredients:
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbs + 1 tsp milk
  • 1/2 tbs cocoa powder
  • 1 tbs dark brown sugar
  • 1 heaping tbs Nutella
Instructions:
  1. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl except for Nutella
  2. Line a small, glass, microwaveable bowl with a muffin/cupcake liner (if you don’t have a liner, it's okay - it will spread sideways like a cookie!)
  3. Place half the batter into the liner
  4. Place the tablespoon of Nutella in the center of the batter (this is where you can also add in some crushed nuts, chocolate chips, marshmallows, etc.)
  5. Pour over the second half of the batter, making sure Nutella (and add-ins) is completely covered.
  6. Microwave for approximately 30 seconds on high (or until a knife inserted comes out clean...not including the nutella).
  7. Let cool for at least 3 minutes, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment