Saturday, January 7, 2012

Light-As-A-Feather Lemon Crisp Cookies

 


My dad declares these the best cookies he's ever had.  And usually he only likes chocolate things...he doesn't even like lemon flavor that much!  But he absolutely loved these cookies.  I made them last night and I was totally not expecting them to be this good...I was just in the baking mood and wanted some quick cookies.  But after I had the first bite...wow...I couldn't believe how perfect they turned out.  These may be my new favorite cookie.  They have a fresh, delightful lemon taste and a slightly crisp edge with a slightly chewy middle. They melt in your mouth and are incredibly light and delicate.  Because of their light texture, they aren't filling at all.  So there were no leftovers between my mom, dad and I (I'm not kidding).    I honestly have never seen my dad so happy in his entire life as much as he was when he was eating these cookies. He told me he wants these every Christmas.  That's a promise I'm definitely willing to make.


Yield: about 2 dozen

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup white sugar 
  • 1 egg
  • 3.5 tablespoon lemons juice
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

  • 1/4 cup white sugar

1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablesoon lemon juice

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients except flour until well blended.
  3. On low speed, beat in flour just until blended.
  4. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with sugar.
  5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute before removing to wire rack. 
  6. Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon onto each cookie and use the back of the spoon to gently spread. The glaze will harden in about 2 hours...but you can eat them now(: 

No comments:

Post a Comment